Sunday, August 3, 2008

Making a Veil

This last week on one of my wedding expeditions I had a chance to look at veils. While I knew they could be pricey I still about choked when I saw one simple veil for $1000+. How does a piece of tulle cost more than a high definition televison that uses expensive electronic pieces? I know for a fact that the materials for some of those veils cost less than $20 and you can't tell me that the craftmanship that goes into making a veil accounts for the additional cost. As of now I have no clue what I am going to do for a veil but I know some brides have taken the plunge and made their own. If you are considering this route I found this website to give helpful directions and diagrams: http://www.wegotgame.net/jen/veils.html.
It seems easy enough and the worst that can happen if you screw up is to go buy more tulle and try again for literally a few dollars.

No comments: