Monday, August 25, 2008

DIY Flowers

We booked our florist, Courtenay Lambert, last week and I am very excited! In the beginning I did entertain the idea of doing our own florals since flowers can easily get expensive fast. I am all about DIY projects but I realized doing the flowers was one project I wasn't really willing to take on. All of the florals should be done a day ahead and I didn't want to add one more thing the day before the wedding to stress myself out. That being said I do know some people who did their own flowers and loved it! There are many wholesale places online and locally to order flowers and it can be a fun project if you have the time.

On A Practical Wedding one bride recently documented her dry run of DIY flowers. Her flowers looked beautiful and it seemed like a successful project. If you have the time and resources before the wedding to make your own florals it might be a fun project to do with all of the girls. A video that she suggests using to give directions to make your own bouquets is here.

No comments: