Thursday, February 12, 2009

NonTraditional Quote

I wanted to share the quote I used as part of my toast for Lauren's wedding. There aren't many good quotes out there. By good I mean not trite, not over used and not overly sappy. Call me a cynic but that's just my opinion. I found this quote originally on A Practical Wedding, she was doing a series of possible wedding readings.

excerpt from Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins
The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and the vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. Loving makes love. Loving makes itself. We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love. Wouldn't that be the way to make love stay?

I love it because people can be crappy. We don't mean to be but at times we are. Love is the redeeming part, the part that corrects all the wrongs. I wanted to pass it on for those of you who might not of otherwise find it.

No comments: