Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fittings

Today I had my final fitting for my dress. I had envisioned putting the dress on making a few minor adjustments and walking out on cloud 9. Instead what happened was an internal freak out when I realized the dress was too short and then tears ensued when I realized there might be a chance it couldn't be fixed.

As a tall woman this is a worst nightmare that something is too short especially your wedding dress. I am used to not being able to buy certain styles because they don't come long enough. I have even attempted to pull off a few items despite them being too short. But for my wedding dress to have a dress be visibly to short is a dreaded thought. I even spent a good chunk of change to order my dress with extra material so that I wouldn't have to worry about the dress being too short.

Needless to say I am 99% sure the dress will be fixed. Despite the fact that the material was cut and there was only about a half inch that could be let out. We also stretched out the bodice so that it sits lower, cut out some of the tulle so that it lays more streamline, and took out part of the bra cups to get the dress to where it needs to be.

I do have to say that the bodice and the rest of the dress look fabulous. My seamstress had to take in the dress about 2 dress sizes and I was worried that it would affect the look and style. But she did a wonderful job. Most likely the fact that it had to be taken in so much is the reason the end product was too short because once we took the dress in it sat higher on my hips. Overall I am happy and know that the day of the wedding it should look great, luckily a major crisis was adverted.

Today we also had a second fitting. I went with Andy's sister, Christy, to have her final fitting. The dress looks great and I couldn't be happier. The fit is fattering, it is a nice cut and I LOVE the color. I was happy to have one smooth sailing fitting.

No comments: