Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thanks You Cards Done!

Well about 2.5 weeks after the wedding the thank you cards are done and in the mail! I am so thrilled about this you can't even imagine. I was hoping to get them in the mail last week, however life got in the way. How people with large weddings get all their thank yous done I have no idea. I had only 50ish cards to write and that about killed me. It's not that thank yous are hard but it took awhile because I wanted to write something thoughtful on each one and not just write the same generic message each time.

At my shower I got a book about writing notes called, On a personal note: A guide to writing notes with style. This book has been extremely helpful with writing thank you cards. They have example notes, the different parts of a thank you note, helpful words and such. However the book is more than thank yous it also includes how to write sympathy notes, congratulation notes, apology notes and more. I have used it for more than just thank yous already and know it will come in handy in the future. I highly suggest at least looking at it before you start thank yous just to get started on the right track.

No comments: