Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bravo Bride

For those of you who have been reading some of my posts you know that while I am thoroughly enjoying the process of planning the wedding I am also a bit of a cynic about many aspects also. Essentially I don't value everything the industry wants brides to buy into and why would I want to spend money on something that is going to be completely useless after the wedding.

That being said my friend Lucy who is also planning her wedding clued me into the website Bravo Bride where past brides can sell items that they didn't use or don't need after the wedding onto another bride who could use them. This is a great option for all those things that you really don't want to pay full price for or to get some cash back on those things you want to get out of the house once the wedding is over.

I am really excited because I just bought 2 pounds of lavender off of a previous bride. We plan on implementing a lavender toss as we exit the church. I had done previous research and found that to buy the same amount of lavender from a grower retails at about 50 bucks and once you include tax and shipping you are well past the 60 dollar point. With shipping and everything I am getting the same amount for $21.80, which is a steal! Once I get the lavender I will post a review about my experience from buying from this site.

No comments: